Sunday, December 11, 2022

Mask Policy

The community spread of COVID as well as influenza and RSV according to the CDC is moderate and climbing in Middlesex County. Because I can no longer ventilate the shop due to cold weather, for the sake of my customers and my own health I am requiring that shoppers wear masks again while they visit the store. I have new surgical masks available at the desk for those without them courtesy of the shop.

Heaven knows that I'm tired of it, we're all bone weary of it but I think that given the tiny size of my shop and the near impossibility of social distancing this is what I need to do for the remainder of the winter to be responsible to myself and my customers as a whole. That I have a younger brother that needed heroic measures in the ICU to save his life last fall and afterward symptoms of long COVID has had quite a lot of influence on my decision. Not that I need to explain but I am laying bare the process.
To avoid disappointment at the door I'll ask people that object to wearing a mask to please visit in the spring when weather permits adequate shop ventilation. Thank you for your understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment