Friday, March 20, 2020

2nd Update

Howdy folks,

I hope you are all well and aren't suffering too badly from cabin fever.

So it's looking like an April reopening is too optimistic and May might be consumed by this as well. On the pessimistic end it's possible that the COVID-19 wave won't pass until mid-summer. There are too many unknowns right now to make definitive statements much less solid decisions. In that framework I put a sign on the door closing Nostalgie until further notice.

I recognize that this closure will severely impact Nostalgie and may even kill my business, but lives are more important. Unless told to remain home, I'll come and go to do some work as it's still a clean zone. Hopefully to get ready to reopen sometime in the future.

We're all in this together. Stay safe.

Cathy
Nostalgie

3 comments:

  1. Do you plan to sell online? I would love to support you during this time. I keep eyeing the blue dress in the window when I take my dog for a walk downtown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support. At this time I'm not set up for online orders because of the need to try things on, which is most especially true for vintage clothing. As a non-essential business I am only allowed to do curb side delivery or mail order services. I've been trying to think of how that might work for me as this marches on and on, and possibly again in the fall. I'm toying with a window display with details/price placards for accessories. Thanks for asking. I'll open as soon as it's safe for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out the dress yesterday as I was installing curtains behind my window displays to prevent light damage to my inventory in the front area. It is roughly a size 6 on the smaller end. Bust 36" Waist 28" max, probably cut for a "taller" person 5'6" or taller. Definitely not a petite. Late 1970s or very early 80s, partial wool content made for Neiman Marcus, with original tie belt. $38. If you are still interested, my phone number is on the flyers in the black holder near the door.

    ReplyDelete