Saturday, December 19, 2020

Shop Update

After my early December report on the broken ceiling pipe flood that wrecked part of my shop bath over Thanksgiving week, there was a second smaller flood a week later wetting the partially repaired ceiling area. Ceiling structure had to be torn away again and insulation removed to dry the area which took the better part of a week because it involved the subfloor of the above apartment which was also wet over a 3-5' area. The subfloor material could not be removed so it had to dry in the open. Hopefully we are done with water incursions and can finish repairs so I can clear my shop of bathroom and storage area contents to eventually reopen. 

Clearly the holiday season is completely lost. It is possible to do a curbside sort of pick-up for items in the window or things that don't require trying on as my dressing room is full of items bailed from the back and bathroom area. However I can't reopen for appointments until the bathroom work is complete, the shop floor cleared of displaced items and cleaned up. I will keep you posted here and on my Google maps page.

Hopefully 2021 will turn things around for all of us. Frankly I could use a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment