Thursday, February 9, 2023

Time is MUCH more limited.

 Good morning,

A week ago I got notice from my credit card/payment processor that they were discontinuing my shop's processing services on April 3 unless I upgraded to their much more expensive, all encompassing point of sale system. I needed to either upgrade, scramble to set up basic processing with another company or ask to be let out of my last few months of my lease as I had a springtime exit clause. 

So as of early-mid April Nostalgie will close its Deep River doors permanently. It has become clear that without something extraordinary happening I won't be able to liquidate my inventory, not even close actually, even if I closed in July, so I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to do with that in the future. Perhaps a west coast sales trip or several. 

I will be selling some of my fixtures in April before I close. I'll carry on with my inventory sale, some items may be getting deeper discounts and I will close mid/late April, cash sales only due to no processing ability after April 1. This is not how I expected to finish this out but PayPal made the call for me, my landlord, good man was able to help me make this work. 

Thanks for your patronage.

Cathy

Nostalgie

No comments:

Post a Comment