Thursday, February 23, 2023

When One Door Closes...

...another one opens. 

I am taking a largish space in the Mongers Market in Bridgeport in April that will probably running simultaneously with the Deep River shop for a week/two. For those of you that haven't visited, Mongers Market is a weekly Sundays only venue event housed in a huge warehouse filled with all things vintage, architectural salvage, industrial/steampunk with a few higher end import dealers. 

My shop will still be called Nostalgie but it will assume a more industrial form, similar to my previous Kansas City shop. The same high quality of merchandise will be present but the presentation will definitely be different. I'm still working to find CC/payment processing without huge financial investment that hopefully will integrate with my present POS 8 y/o iPad tablet but the venue has an ATM. It's not ideal but rather a work in progress. 

Because of this turn of events I will be moving all of my spring/summer inventory to Bridgeport and my final inventory in Deep River will be the 3-4 season stock remaining as I remove the heavier, winter, holiday items back to seasonal storage. The shop will be pared down considerably in March in anticipation of finally closing.

I appreciate your patronage over the past 4 years. I realize that this move may put me out of reach for some, if not many of my present customers and I regret that probability.

For the adventurous, Mongers Market is located on the east side of Bridgeport conveniently off of I-95, open Sundays 10-4. There is a $3 per person entry fee that will be refunded with a $25 or more purchase from my shop. 

I will also have the ability to make appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (work days) with no cover charge. 

Again thanks and gratitude to all of my customers.  

Cathy

Nostalgie in Deep River

No comments:

Post a Comment